The “getting back out there” challenge 2022
So as you may know, myself and 7 women from the Too Fat to Run Community have committed to running the Sierra Leone Marathon in West Africa, this June in an attempt to raise £100,000 for StreetChild….here they are, 7 wonderful women who are working incredibly hard in preperation.
Signing up to this challenge was about something BIGGER than us “just” going off to West Africa to run.
It was about us collectively doing something to remind us of how flipping awesome we are after a challenging few years.
And so The Getting Back Out There Challenge is our virtual project to involve the whole community.
How does it work?
1. You register to take part (here is the link)
There is a £20 admin fee, which covers the organisation of the challenge
2. You choose your own adventure, marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K or any other kind of fitness challenge
There will be training resources made available for each of these, including guest expert sessions on things like nutrition, mental health, injury prevention, and fundraising. We will also have our own Pop-up Facebook Challenge group where we will support each other, celebrate our wins etc
3. You will be able to set up a fundraising page as part of our team, setting your own target and directing your people to your page
We will help you with ideas for charity fundraising, including some sessions from the Streetchild Team, and there will be a limited edition fundraising momento for everyone who raises £100
Together we will raise £100,000 for kids around the world to access quality education.
AND…we will show just how awesome the women of TFTR really are
Will you join us?
I will be talking about this challenge a lot over the coming weeks, please do register ASAP so we can get an idea of numbers etc.
There are just 71 days left until we run our Marathon, but the challenge will wrap up at the end of September
The deadline for registering is Friday 22nd April….as we will do an Opening Ceremony for the Challenge Group on Sunday 24th April (so put a note in your diary)
Register Here, and hold tight for next steps.
Please show your support by donating to our TFTR team fundraising page,
- £35 could provide a girl in Cameroon with a dignity kit, enabling her to manage her period safely and with dignity to ensure she does not miss out on her education.
- £50 could provide a family of five displaced by conflict in North East Nigeria with a food relief package to last a month
For all media enquiries and interviews contact Anna Broughton at email@example.com
And if you would like to consider joining the TFTR team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the TFTR newsletter to gain access to our exclusive Facebook running community, priority access to Limited Edition merch, inspiration and much more!