I am frequently asked to give advice or recommend various running products or services to women starting out or progressing in their health and happiness journey so to save me sounding like a broken record here are a list of some of my favourites running and fitness products all in one place, plus a heads up to some of the programmes and products that have helped me build my business so far.
If you check out my blog section you will notice that I often test and review kit and races, I have only put my absolute favourites in this line up…so enjoy!!
Food & Suppliments
- Muscle Foods – Seriously if you want good quality but very, very reasonably priced protein to help repair those muscles, then this is the place to go. I only eat meat from here now (which I freeze and defrost as I need it), but they do all sorts of other cool stuff like protein powders and the like…and delivered to your door, whats not to like?
- Protein Powders – I use soy protein (non dairy) from MyProtein to help with recovery and if I need a protein rich snack on busy days, use referral code MP35071227 so they know I sent you
- Glucosamine Tablets – These helps keep my knees and other joints in good order and I always take religiously when doing long distances
- Sports Bra – I love this particular Shock Absorber Bra and it literally is the only one I wear…well I’ve had a few of the same model over the years of course (not the same stinking one). It’s worth every penny keeping my bad boys in place.
- Knickers – Anything by Chaffree, I personally love their knicker boxers…not really for running but under dresses. I know lots of my followers love their pants too and a little birdie tells me they are going to start doing leggings soon.
- HeadBuff – These are new in our store, and are a god send. They are so versatile as they can be worn in many different ways (including as a wrist band to wipe away snot)
- Vests – I have of course got to recommend my own Too Fat to Run technical running vests, they are bright, provocative, wash well, fit well…oh and help you feel part of the TFTR community. What more do you want?
- Hoodie – Ooopps and again, our hoodies are kinda neat
- Nike Women’s Tech Tights – OK…I don’t do running pants but I know a company that does. I prefer to have a couple of good pairs rather than the cheaper ones available now I know what works for me…either way make sure you check for drawstring…nobody wants to be hoiking their trousers up every 30 seconds
- Wrights Socks – These are fabulous and since wearing them I have never had problems with blisters or friction…having good running socks makes a whole heap of difference
- iFitness Ultimate Race Belt II – I wasted a lot of money on belts that were no good, this one is great…you can’t fit a lot in there but enough, phone, key, money, cards…oh plus energy gels…in fact you can stuff all sorts into those hoops
- Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband – I have used a number of different Fitbit models now but the charge is by far my favourite, mainly because it gives you a sneaky peak at who’s calling you if your phone is in your bag or back pocket (Mine is purple in case you were wondering)
- Garmin Forerunner 610 – This was the first model of Garmin I ever had and it did everything it ever needed to do. Its a fab bit of kit. The Forerunner 110 is equally as good and a bit cheaper too
- TomTom Multi Sport Cardio GPS Watch – I recently bought this because I am doing more swimming these days and wanted to be able to track my improvements and so far I am loving it, one of its fab features is giving you a heart rate reading without the need for a strap
- Yurbuds Inspire Running Earphones – These are great if you have problems with earphones falling out, I like the fact they are in bright colours too.
- AfterShokz Bluez Headphones now these are a luxury item, but are fab if you want to be able to hear whats going on around you, oh and have no wires getting on your nerves
Other Running Essentials
- KT Tape – This stuff is an absolute lifesaver, and you don’t have to be a PT to be able to put it to good use. YouTube has some great videos. I have used it to support my knees and back after injury
- Roller 1 – If you have sore muscles and nobody to give you a good sports massage this is the next best thing, although this version takes some getting used to and can be quite painful
- Roller 2 – This is my preffered option as you can apply as much or as little pressure and get to difficult bits like the back of your legs and your neck and shoulders
- The Too Fat to Run Free Downloadable 5 week running planner is a crucial way of staying accountable, you get a glossy version of this with ever physical item you purchase from our shop
- Leonie Dawson Planners and Workbooks – These have been instrumental this year in helping me find a better balance in life, I absolutely love them, Leonie also hosts a range of creative (and slightly kookie) business coaching programmes too.
- Lucky Bitch Bootcamp – Since going on this programme with Denise Duffield Thomas I have absolutely changed my lack mindset and started to upgrade both my business and my personal life…with a because I’m worth it attitude. Even if you are not running a business these programmes absolutely help you to value yourself more and challenge your limiting beliefs about wealth and abundance.
- I have 5 books available now on Amazon priced between £1.99 and £12.99 which of course are all awesome, I even have 3 of them available as paperbacks
- It Starts With Food – This was the first book I read that really made me think about what I put in my body, although I don’t follow all of its advice I now have a greater appreciation of plant based foods
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment was instrumental in helping me shift my focus away from the past and the future and to instead enjoy the present
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying is not about health but definitely about happiness, and about getting rid of stuff that doesn’t serve you – I love this book
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level is a book about how we hold ourselves back in life. Not about running at all, and quite a spiritual creative book, but I identified a lot with the sabotaging behaviour I have often taken part in.
- A Life Without Limits – I love this autobiography and since meeting Chrissie a number of times I love it even more, a real tale of resilience, setting and achieving big fat stupid goals
Please note some of these are affiliate links which means I get a small percentage of each sale (It doesn’t cost you anything extra, it just helps the business to grow and enables me to pay my bills)
Trust me I truly have only recommended items which I personal use and have found helpful on my journey.