June 3, 2013
So I ran today. Nothing new there then. It’s Monday and Monday means track night. A challenging session led by my running club at a local running track. I’ve been going for a few months now and am seeing a real improvement.
Only problem today, the sun is out and I had no top to wear. All my vests are to tight, the one top I like that would have been suitable was in the wash and the other tops that do fit I would be too warm in.
So a bit of creativity was required and below is my step by step guide for creating an ad hoc running top (Sorry guys this only works for women.
- Take a large T-Shirt (I have a stack of about 20 collected from races and other promotional things I’ve been involved in)
- Take a sharp pair of sissors
- Cut the bottom hem completely off and disgard
- Cut half of the arm off at a slight angle – these make for perfect emergency hair bands
- Cut the neck out in an oval shape and disguard
- Stretch the middle section of the tshirt
- Wear with a contrasting coloured funky T shape sports bra
I should have taken a picture of me wearing this, as this snap doesn’t really show just how comfy this customised tshirt is for running in. But seriously, I need to get some new kit if I’m gonna run everyday…or else do some washing!!!
I can’t get my Garmin to upload, but I reckon I did about 4.5K plus 10minutes or so of core exercises, not bad conscidering my calves are still really sore!!