Julie is a member of the Professional Speaking Association of the UK and is a confident engaging and humorous keynote speaker who uses a mix of hard facts, anecdotes, and common sense to educate and inspire her audiences. With over 16 years experience of working in the sports and cultural sectors, Julie has spent most of her adult life inspiring people to get involved with initiatives of one sort of the other.
She worked for 8 years in the lead up to London 2012 inspiring local communities in East London to get behind the games and to use them as a way of making positive changes in their own lives. She often uses the transformation of East London as a metaphor for what has happened in her own life during this same period upon discovering the joys of exercise.
Julie is a versatile speaker, with her working class roots enabling her to communicate with a straight to the point approach but built on a background of solid evidence and research. She enjoys the challenge of creating bespoke content for each audience she addresses and leaving the room having planted a few seeds for growth on complex issues such as obesity, inactivity and health.
Julie has experience of working with the media having appeared on Sky News and various Radio Stations in the UK as well as speaking to international audiences via Skype.
Check out her media credentials here.
Julie can work with you on a bespoke talk from scratch to suit the needs of your organisation or audience or she has a number of provocative keynotes which might just fit the bill.
- Too Fat To Run – How to prove your critics wrong and excel
- Fear and Other F words – How we are all held back by Fear, but can use it to achieve awesome things instead
- The Elephant in the Room – The role of women in changing the health of the world
- Curiosity Killed The Fat – An exploration into how food overwhelm is killing us and what we can do to stop it
- Big Fat Stupid Goals – How to make the big leap as a female business owner and see fast yet sustainable growth
- Health, Wealth & Happiness – A look into what it take to prioritise your own needs while growing a global business
Julie also feels at home in the political arena too having recently been on a UK parliamentary panel led by Dame Tanni Grey Thompson and MP Barbara Keely on inactivity, and giving evidence on a parliamentary debate on Health & Obesity.
Some examples of her speaking gigs to date include
- BritMums Live 2016, London
- Enterprise Nation Festival of Female Entrepreneurs, Bristol
- National Probation Service Annual Health Conference, London
- Women to Inspire, Bournemouth
- Innovation in Sports, London
- UK Active Network Event, London
- Athena Xmas Networking Event, London
Do you have an event coming up where you require a dynamic speaker on issues to do with health and happiness, or the complex themes of inactivity and obesity, then why not get in touch and lets see if we can work together. Why not suggest Julie to colleagues or partners for their events too.